- Kayrros has been included in TIME’s list of the TIME100 Most Influential Companies on the Planet, unveiled today.
- The list highlights companies making an extraordinary impact around the world.
- Kayrros was evaluated on key factors, including impact, innovation, ambition, and success
- The company was deemed to be one of the 100 businesses charting “an essential path forward”
Ambition and impact
- To assemble the list, TIME solicited nominations from its global network of contributors and correspondents as well as from outside experts. Kayrros is listed amongst other global companies including Aclima or Hugging Face.
- Kayrros, which uses satellite imagery and analytics to supply climate data to organisations worldwide, was evaluated on key factors, including impact, innovation, ambition, and success. It was then selected as one of 100 businesses charting an essential path forward.
- Kayrros’ mission is to reduce greenhouse gases, protect people, ecosystems and assets and manage the energy transition.
- Kayrros President Antoine Rostand said “This award fills me not just with pride, but also hope for the planet.”
- Rostand noted that climate change is arguably the world’s most serious challenge today and that earth observation technologies have a critical role to play in tackling it, adding Kayrros is a leader in turning raw data from satellites and other sources into actionable signals that can deliver powerful climate solutions.
- “The Time award is not only a tribute for Kayrros, but also a strong message that our cutting-edge technologies can help the world find its way out of our climate conundrum”, he added.
Rostand gave credit for the company’s inclusion to the team, praising their focus and commitment to Kayrros’ mission.
- “We’re delighted and deeply honored to have been named on TIME’s list, and to have our impact around the world recognised,” he said.
- “This is a testament to the hard work, focus, and dedication of our entire team, who demonstrate every day their commitment to our goal.”
Rostand expressed his gratitude for the many scientific institutions whose partnership with Kayrros have contributed to its success, including ESA, CNES, CNRS, LSCE, INRAE, INRIA, Centre Borelli – as well as the financial support and confidence of its investors.
- Kayrros was recently selected for the French Tech 2030 programme, designed to support the 100 most promising French innovation leaders. The selected companies are developing breakthrough innovations that are particularly relevant to the themes of the $100 billion France 2030 investment plan.
- It was also named one of the top 10 most innovative companies in energy and sustainability for 2023 by Fast Company. It was named a Tech Champion in 2022 by the Financial Times.
- Kayrros is already a key data supplier to a number of major companies, investors, and organisations, including the UN Environment Programme and the International Energy Agency.